S: It’s fall. And we are FAR from basic. But also, is it fall without pumpkin? Live update: NO ONE in our house likes pumpkin. But we are for and of the people, and we give the people what they want. And that’s pumpkin.
G: It’s true. We all hate it, but we’re people pleasers. It’s in our nature.
This pumpkin bread rendition is free of all the things, gluten and dairy and evil, and full off all the fall things like walnuts, apples, cinnamon, and of course pumpkin. Topped off with a maple tahini drizzle because duh. Get to baking and shaking folks.
Serves: 4-6 people
1 1/2 cups almond flour*
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3 large eggs
1/4 cup almond milk ( or any dairy-free milk of your choosing)
3/4 cup Canned Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon natural vanilla powder
1/2 cup of crushed walnuts
1 cup apple chopped
d r i z z l e
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (from Trader Joe’s)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly coat a 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper so that the paper drapes over the sides.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. 5. In the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet. Gently stir until combined and batter is consistent.
6. Fold in apple pieces and walnuts.
7. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 45 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Place the pan on aa cooling rack and let cool 30 minutes.
9. Gently lift out the bread with the parchment overhang and place on the rack to finish cooling completely.
10. While cooling, heat the maple syrup and tahini in a small ramekin, about 30-40 seconds in the microwave. Slice bread into cubes, pour drizzle on top, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, and enjoy!